What are my premium payment options?
You can pay your premiums in a few different ways:
- Pre-Authorized Checking (PAC): Also known as the “QuickPay” Electronic Deduction, this involves Navy Mutual pulling funds directly from your bank account (which must be a checking or savings account) to cover your premium payments. Each policy must be paid individually; Navy Mutual will pull funds per each billing statement on or before the due date as designated by the policy owner. If you enroll in QuickPay, any outstanding premiums will be pulled. You can also utilize this method for loan payments.
- Credit card: Log in to your Customer Portal to pay any current bills.
- Government allotment: For instructions on starting an allotment, click here.
- Direct billing on a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis: Please ensure your mailing address is current in your Customer Portal.
- eBilling: Please ensure your email address is current in your Customer Portal.
How can I pay my bill online?
You can set up online bill payment in the Customer Portal.
- From your Portal home page, click the “Pay Now” button located at the top of the page.
- Click the “Pay Bills” tab in the left column. Here you will find the bills for your Navy Mutual policies.
- Select the bill(s) you wish to pay and click “Pay Bills.”
- A window will open for you to enter the credit card information for either a Visa or Mastercard. You will have the option to save and edit this credit card information.
- You will be prompted to enter the date you wish to make your payment. You can set this date up to 30 days in advance, making it easy for you to schedule your payments while you are on vacation or out of the country.
Learn more here.
Why is my bill not showing up?
A bill will not show up until it is due. Furthermore, if you selected Pre-Authorized Checking (PAC) or Government Allotment as your premium payment option, you will not receive a bill.
Can I set up an automatic premium payment with my credit card?
Unfortunately, not at this time. Please log in to the Customer Portal for more details.
How do I sign up for eBilling?
You can set up eBilling in the Customer Portal.
Why was I double drafted?
Your account will be drafted once per policy; if you have multiple policies, you may notice multiple charges.
There are various other reasons that double-drafting may occur, but in most cases, it means that more than one month of premium payments was owed in order to bring the policy’s payments up to date.
For example: If a policy was backdated to before an applicant’s most recent birthday in order to get “younger” premiums, the applicant would need to pay premiums from the effective date through the present, which may be more than one month of payments. In this case, Navy Mutual would have to draft multiple times to pay premiums current.
Why does my bill say $0.00 due?
A $0.00 bill simply means that no funds are due at this time. You may receive one in the event that you have a credit with Navy Mutual.
For example: A policy’s monthly premium bill was $25, but you made a payment of $50, satisfying the current bill and overpaying by $25. After the current premium is paid in full, we apply the remainder of the funds the following month.
How much must I pay toward an outstanding policy loan?
You are not required to make payments toward the loan principal. However, it is strongly recommended that you make interest payments. Otherwise, interest accrues throughout the year and is added annually to the loan balance. This may cause the policy to lapse if the loan balance exceeds the cash value of the policy. Any outstanding loan balance at the time of the insured’s death will reduce the death benefit.
How do I make a loan payment for a policy loan?
We offer the following loan payments options:
- Check: Checks can be mailed to our payment processing center address: P.O. Box 419652
Boston, MA 02241-9652
- Online BillPay: If your bank offers online BillPay, you may set up a payment to your Navy Mutual policy through BillPay. Please reference your policy number as your account number and make the payment to Navy Mutual Aid Association. Include our address in the payee information: P.O. Box 419652
Boston, MA 02241-9652
- QuickPay: You may sign up for automatic loan payments via QuickPay. Once signed up, by default your loan payments will be drafted on the 15th of each month and paid automatically from your bank account. To sign up, please complete this form and return it by email to CustomerService@NavyMutual.org, by fax to 706-945-1441, or by mail. If you would like to make a one-time ACH draft, you may contact Customer Service at 800-628-6011.
- Wire Transfer: You may wire payments to Navy Mutual Aid Association. To wire funds directly to Navy Mutual, please contact Customer Service at 800-628-6011 for incoming wire information.