Flagship Whole Life Insurance
Permanent life insurance that builds tax-deferred cash value
Lock in up to $1,000,000 of permanent life insurance with the Flagship Whole Life plan. This coverage combines the protection of a guaranteed death benefit and cash surrender value, the predictability of a fixed level premium, and the flexibility of a tax-advantaged financial asset.
Unlike term life insurance, which only provides protection for a limited period, whole life insurance is guaranteed to remain in place for life as long as premiums are paid when due. The plan’s tax-deferred cash value can earn dividends that can be used in different ways. Plus, up to 75% of the cash value the plan accumulates can be borrowed.
- Guaranteed lifetime coverage – You and your loved ones are protected for life as long as your premiums are paid when due
- Affordable fixed premiums – You pay a set premium and can choose a payment plan that fits your budget
- Potential tax-free dividends – These can be paid in cash or used to reduce ongoing premiums, increase your coverage, pay back loans, or purchase one-year extended term life insurance
Flagship Whole Life is ideal for those ages 18 to 80 who want the predictability of a guaranteed minimum death benefit with a tax-advantaged financial asset.
Additional Member Benefits
Chronic/Terminal Illness Option
The Flagship Whole Life plan features a two-part accelerated death benefit:
- Chronic Illness Option: If the insured is age 60 or older and develops a need for assistance with two or more activities of daily living or cognitive impairment,* the plan’s death benefit can be paid out over 48 or 60 months. This can help offset costs associated with a chronic illness, including long-term care.
- Terminal Illness Option: If the insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness resulting in a remaining life expectancy of 24 months or less, a one-time lump-sum payment of up to 100% of the benefit can be paid.
The Terminal Illness Option is available to an insured who has been covered by the Flagship Whole Life plan for five or more years. There is no additional cost for this important protection.
You can borrow up to 75% of your policy’s available cash value at a variable loan interest rate. The borrowed cash value continues to be eligible for dividends. Any outstanding loan amount and accrued interest are subtracted from the death benefit upon the insured’s death or from the policy’s cash value upon surrender during the insured’s lifetime.
For just a little more each month, you can add coverage for your child(ren) and/or grandchild(ren) up to their 26th birthday(s). This coverage provides:
- Access to a premier estate planning tool
- The lowest locked-in premium based on the youngest issue age possible
- The advantage of tax-deferred cash value compounding over many years
- A lifetime of potential growth
Paid-Up Additions Rider
This included feature can be used to increase your policy’s total death benefit and cash value by up to a total lifetime maximum of $500,000, per contract. Purchased at guaranteed rates, the rider premium may earn dividends and be withdrawn or surrendered without impacting your base coverage.
*A chronic illness is one that causes an individual to require assistance with at least two activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, transferring from a bed to a chair, continence, or toileting) or a significant cognitive impairment for at least 90 days. To receive the Chronic Illness Option benefit, the condition must be expected to be permanent.
Life Insurance Needs Calculator
Find out how much life insurance you may need.
Life Insurance Basic Training
Get answers to questions you may have about life insurance.