Education and Veterans Services
Navy Mutual’s Mission
- Provide to Navy Mutual Members, with certainty and promptness, life insurance at as near the actual net cost as possible.
- Assist members of the uniformed services, including veterans, and their families in securing the government survivor benefits to which they may be entitled.
- Educate members of the uniformed services, including veterans, and their families on matters of financial security.
We can help with:
Providing financial education to servicemembers, veterans, and their families is a tenet of our mission. Our qualified and accredited educators provide unbiased information a variety of personal finance topics including the Survivor Benefit Plan, the Thrift Savings Plan, Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance, finances and transition, spending plans, and more. Navy Mutual is a preferred and approved education resource within the Department of Defense and Homeland Security and we provide hundreds of in-person presentations on military installations each year.
We are proud to be the nation’s oldest federally recognized Veterans Service Organization (VSO) and to assist servicemembers in securing the benefits associated with their service. Our accredited VSO representatives can provide counseling and education on the service-related benefits available to servicemembers, veterans, and survivors; aid in the preparation of Veterans Administration claims; advise on the development of evidence to support claims; and officially represent veterans and their dependents or survivors before the Department of Veterans Affairs.
We provide unbiased counseling and education to servicemembers upon their retirement regarding participation in the DOD Survivor Benefit Plan. At Navy Mutual, the surviving spouses and dependents of servicemembers also have access to a team of advocates whose mission is to help explain the military survivor benefits to which they may be entitled as a result of their loved one’s service. Depending on whether the deceased was actively serving or was a veteran, these benefits may come from the Department of Defense or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Navy Mutual’s Member Resource Center
- Federal Trade Commission
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Department of Defense Office of the Actuary
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Office of Financial Readiness
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Important Contact Information
- Air Force Aid Society
- Phone: 703-972-3650
- American Red Cross
- Phone: 202-303-4498
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Phone: 877-907-8585
- Army Emergency Relief Services
- Phone: 866-878-6378
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance
- Defense Enrollments Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Phone: 800-538-9552
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)
- Phone: 800-321-1080
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Phone: 800-827-1000
- Internal Revenue Service
- Phone: 800-829-1040
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America Quick Reaction Force
- Phone: 855-917-2743
- National Cemetery Administration
- Phone: 866-900-6417
- National Personnel Records Center
- Phone: 866-272-6272
- Navy Gold Star
- Phone: 888-509-8759
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- Phone: 800-654-8364
- Office of Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (OSGLI)
- Phone: 800-419-1473
- Social Security Administration
- Phone: 800-772-1213
- Survivor Outreach Services, Headquarters (Army only)
- Phone: 855-707-2769
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc.
- Phone: 800-959-8277
- U.S. Coast Guard Pay and Personnel Center
- Phone: 866-722-8724
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Phone: 800-698-2411
Note: An organization’s listing on this page should not be interpreted as an endorsement by Navy Mutual, nor should it be construed as a guarantee of services.
Stay in Touch
Get the most up-to-date information by signing up for our monthly newsletter!
The Navy Mutual Learning Center offers information on a variety of topics, including retirement planning, estate planning, and various military and veterans benefits.
Navy Mutual Aid Association’s Department of Education and Veteran Services does not endorse or favor any commercial financial product or service or promote the services of any specific financial institution. Further, Navy Mutual Aid Association and its accredited VSO Representatives do not charge or accept a fee or gratuity for representation services rendered to claimants before the Department of Veterans Affairs. 38 C.F.R. §14.628.