Life at Navy Mutual
Knowing what it means to serve
Navy Mutual employees include reservists/guard, Veterans, retirees, military spouses, and current and former dependents. This allows us to understand the challenges you face, and maintaining a single focus on providing the peace of mind military families seek.
Over 30% of our staff have a professional designation and/or certification specific to the insurance industry, such as:
- CASL - Chartered Adviser for Senior Living
- ChFC - Chartered Financial Consultant
- CLU - Chartered Life Underwriter
- Various Bachelor, Masters, and Doctorate degree holders.
The Navy Mutual staff is surveyed annually and, with out fail, the highest ranked component of their jobs is their belief in the mission and vision of the Association.
Individual staff members continue caring for our military families by going above-and-beyond in contributing to the military community. Association-wide community service programs include:
- Adopting families for Christmas via Marine & Family Services.
- Participating in the Marine Toys-for-Tots Foundation campaign.
- Assisting the on-base, Henderson Hall, American Red Cross Blood Drive.
- Volunteering at Vinson Hall - a retirement home for military veterans.
Benefits & Careers
Taking care of those who take care of our members
Navy Mutual strives to provide our employees with competitive and comprehensive benefits. Below is a list of some of the benefits we provide to Navy Mutual employees:
- Health Insurance (100% of premiums paid for employees)
- Dental Insurance (100% of premiums paid for employees and dependents)
- Mirror all Federal Holidays + PTO up to 30 days per year
- Defined Benefit Pension & Defined Contribution 401(k): 100% match up to 3.5%
- Continuing Education Benefits with 100% reimbursement + bonus
- Life Insurance & AD&D (100% of premiums paid for employees and dependents)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Travel Insurance (100% of premiums paid for employees)
- Max Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Metro Check benefits
- Free garage parking!
Why Work at Navy Mutual?
Our guiding principle is to serve our Members the same way they serve our country - with integrity, passion and commitment.
- Committed to giving back to our military families.
- We offer rewarding and challenging careers
- Career development and growth
- Work in a team environment, where your ideas can be shared
- Committed to Employee Engagement
- Excellent benefits
If you are interested in employment opportunities, please follow the link to view our current career opportunities.